Important Phone Numbers


Medical, fire, or police personnel for an immediate
life threatening situation 911

Community Relations Officer

Central District Commanding Officer
Major William Marcus

Poison Control Center 528-7701
Gas Leak 685-0123
Dept Public Works, Service Center (24 hrs) 311
Water emergencies (24 hrs.) 311

Information on health services 396-4398
Information on lead abatement 396-4530
To obtain a lead paint inspection 396-8576
Medical information on lead poisoning 396-8595

Housing Services:
Housing Violations and Vacant Buildings 311
Owner of Property 396-3634
Landlord/Tenant Relations 243-6007
Zoning Enforcements 396-4305

Motor Vehicles:
To request information on parking fines 396.4080
To report abandoned vehicles 311
Report problems with traffic signs or traffic signals 311
To apply for or renew your driver’s license 768.7000
To renew vehicle tags 768.7000

To obtain Building Permits 396.3360
To obtain a permit to use public parks for events 396.7946

Public Safety:

Report illegal drug activity 685.DRUG
Anonymous Crime Tip Line 276-8888
Report crimes not-in-Progress 311
Prevent fires in your home 396.5752

Sanitation Police 311
Health Inspections 311
Trash pick up complaints 311
Assistance with community clean-ups 396.4511
Recycling questions 396.5916
Bulk Trash pick up 311
graffiti removed from public areas 311

Taxes & Assessments:
Assessments (state) 767.8250
Property tax bill 396.3987
Tax Credits 767.4433
Water/sewer bill 396.5398

To report water and sewer problems (24hr) 311
To request energy assistance 396.5555
To obtain information about winterizations 396.6046

Animal Issues:
Bites or animal complaints, shelter 311
Stray, wild animals, traps 311
Removal of dead animals 311
Rat Problem 311
To obtain a dog license 396-3993