Historic Mount Royal Terrace Association
17 October 2013
Meeting Called to order at 7:05 pm, 22 people present
• Treasurer’s Report
The treasurer reported a closing balance of $5,252 in the account. Of that balance $2,744 is not already committed to grants.
• Old Business
Election of Association Officers:
President: Sultana Jones
Vice President: Andrea Francisco
Treasurer: Paul [Doug] Hartzell
Secretary: Carl Young
Baltimore Community Foundation Grants (Awarded):
– Discretionary Greening Grant ($2,700). Committee members; Sarah Buikema (co-chair), Kim Forsyth (co-chair), Shineka Miller (member) will present suggestions at next month’s meeting
– Mobilization Grant ($4,000): Andrea spoke of the need for volunteers to work on the 600 block of North Ave which includes mulching 11 newly expanded tree pits and planting 2 new trees. Additional funds from this grant will go towards fixing the MRT historic sidewalk and having a block party.
– Kim Forsyth will draft a letter to Afrikan National Walkathon for prior review by the HMRTA board. She reports that she is in discussion with other parties about this.
– Anthony Palmer contacted RHIC who state that there is another use for the Bond House property. There was a suggestion to ask the day care at the corner of North and Park for use of their lawn.
• New Business
– Community workday is this Saturday, 19 October, at Lennox and MRT to pressure wash the stone pedestals.
– Andrea and Russ Moss proposed spending $350 of Association’s money for shrubs in two raised beds on the medians at North and Park. The RESOLUTION to fund the work was PASSED. Volunteers will be needed on Saturday, November 9 to help clear the beds and plant the shrubs (golden and rose glow barberry).
– Time and location of next meeting was discussed. A RESOLUTION was offered to have the next meeting on Tuesday, 19 November at some location within the area of the Association. The RESOLUTION was PASSED.
– Kim Forsyth is selling Girl Scout cookies and taking donations for the Reservoir Hill troop. A sign will be posted on the Lady Baltimore Park kiosk.
– Doug Hartzell asked that block captains be elected to help disseminate information.
Meeting Adjourned at 8:00 pm