Historic Mount Royal Terrace Association
19 November 2013
Meeting Called to order at 7:05 pm, 15 people present
The treasurer reported a closing balance of $4868.60 in the account. Of that balance $1668.60 is not already committed to grants.
Baltimore Community Foundation Grants:
– BCF $2700 discretionary grant Update. Committee members; Sarah Buikema discussed costs for various options. The members discussed options. A MOTION WAS PASSED to devote the $2700 grant to repair of the 2000 MRT sidewalk,
– Needed for help distribute fliers. Sultana asked for volunteers. The following block captains have volunteered; Sara: 1800 & 1900 blocks of Park Ave, Shineka: 2000 block of MRT, Jason: 2100 block MRT, Justin: 1900 MRT
Schedule of future Meetings:
– 12 December, 14 January, 18 February, 20 March, 15 April, 17 June, 17 July, none in August, 23rd September
– RHIC dues was discussed, which would be $75. The issue has been tabled until a future meeting.
– The location of the next meeting was discussed. In the summer the roof of the Druid may be available. Carl will inquire about the board room of the nursery above RHIC.
– Home & Garden Tour will be June 7&8 – 20th anniversary.
– Russ’ plantings at Park and Reservoir have been destroyed. Sultana will contact BPN about cooperating on a complaint to the city.
– Doug would like to discuss lowering the speed limit on the 1900 & 200 blocks of MRT and installing a stop sign on MRT at Lennox.
– Volunteer Day will be this Sunday 24 November at 9am, meeting at North & Park to pick up litter
– Whitelock Community Farm is holding a fundraiser on Saturday November 23, 2013 from 7 – 11 p.m. at Beth Am Synagogue in Reservoir Hill, 2501 Eutaw Place.
Meeting Adjourned at 8:10 pm