Historic Mount Royal Terrace Association
20 February 2014
Meeting Called to order at 7:05 pm, 17 people present, Introductions were made
The treasurer reported a closing balance of $7479.60 in the account. Of that balance $668.60 is not already committed to grants.
– BCF $2700 discretionary grant update. Members reviewed the motion to use the funds to repair the asphalt block sidewalk on the 2000 block of MRT. Members voted to donate $400 to the Home & Garden Tour from this grant.
– PnP Grant. There will be a sidewalk work day this Saturday [2/22]. Additional volunteers are needed. There will be a tree planting in March. Contact HMRTA for additional information.
– Andrea proposed to spend up to $200 to renew the charter with the State Dept. Of Taxation. The motion passed.
Home & Garden Tour:
– H&G Tour asks for donations to bring in more funding.
BGE Gas Line Replacement:
– Kim announced a meeting with BGE to take place 06 March at the John Eager Howard Rec Center. Neighbors are asked to attend. The project will last for one year.
– The cook-off raised $118. There will be another party in March to welcome new neighbors at 603 Lennox.
– Sultana will contact interested neighbors to discuss the position and thoughts about their duties.
– Guest Speaker – Marvin ‘Doc’ Cheatham introduced himself and his candidacy for 40th District of the State House.
– Crime update. Neighbors have noticed an uptake in dealing at the corner of Park and Lennox. There was discussion about how this information should be disseminated. Neighbors are encouraged to keep calling 911 so the city can keep records. Neighbors are also encouraged to share information among ourselves. Two options include sending notes into the Google Group and also to contact Kim who will forward information to officers on duty.
– Lars wanted to say that he does not like the bumpy sidewalks.
Meeting Adjourned at 8:15 pm